Moora, Western Australia


Town Hall-Moora Road Board, Bindoon-Moora Road, Moora, Western A

Town Hall-Moora Road Board

Town Hall-Moora Road Board

Post Office, Padbury Street, Moora, Western Australia

Post Office, Cnr Padbury & Dandaragan Streets

Post Office, Cnr Padbury & Dandaragan Streets

Laneway, Dandaragan Street, Moora, Western Australia

Dandaragan Street, Moora, Western Australia

Dandaragan Street

Dandaragan Street

Kumquat Mae Cafe - Art Deco Building, Dandaragan Street

Kumquat Mae Cafe – Art Deco Building, Dandaragan Street

St John the Baptist Catholic Church

St John the Baptist Catholic Church

St John the Baptist Catholic Church

Methodist Church, Padbury Street, Moora, Western Australia (Now Uniting Church)

Methodist Church, Padbury Street

Methodist Church, Padbury Street

St James Anglican Church, Church Street

St James Anglican Church, Church Street

War Memorial Park

War Memorial Park

Old Digger "SCRAPIRON", War Memorial Park

Old Digger "SCRAPIRON", War Memorial Park

Old Digger “SCRAPIRON”, War Memorial Park

War Memorial, Clinch Street

War Memorial, Clinch Street

Masonic Lodge, Gardiner Street, Moora Now a private residence.

Masonic Lodge, Gardiner Street, Moora
Now a private residence.

Vintage Scrap, Riley Road, Moora, Western Australia

Vintage Scrap, Riley Road, Moora, Western Australia

Vintage Scrap, Riley Road, Moora, Western Australia

Community Resource Centre

Community Resource Centre

Railway

Railway

Derelict Diesel Locomotive

Derelict Diesel Locomotive

Junction Hotel

Junction Hotel

Rotary Clock

Rotary Clock

Main Entry, The Drover's Inn

Main Entry, The Drover’s Inn

Footpath, The Drover's Inn, Cnr Padbury & Dandaragan Streets, Moora, Western Australia

Pub Door, The Drover's Inn, Cnr Padbury & Dandaragan Streets, Moora, Western Australia

Footpath, The Drover's Inn, Cnr Padbury & Dandaragan Streets, Moora, Western Australia

Bar Door, The Drover's Inn, Cnr Padbury & Dandaragan Streets, Moora, Western Australia

The Drover's Inn

The Drover’s Inn

The Drover's Inn, Cnr Padbury & Dandaragan Streets

The Drover’s Inn, Cnr Padbury & Dandaragan Streets

London, United Kingdom


LCC Fire Brigade Station, Euston Road LCC Fire Brigade Station, Euston Road, Somers Town, London, London Borough of Camden, England, UK Percy Nobbs is credited with the design of this London County Council Fire Brigade Station.  The building was completed in 1902 and by 1903 Nobbs was teaching architecture at the University of Montreal.  He went on to have a distinguished career as the architect of a number of prominent Canadian buildings.  Apparently, his original building was altered and extended around 1920 and again later in the C20. The building is L-shaped with the main frontage along the Euston Road.  It comprised appliance bays with flats above.  The Arts and Crafts style red brick building is dressed with Portland stone.  The taller original block contained two appliance garages which apparently are used today for administrative purposes.  The one-storey extension is now home to the appliances.

LCC Fire Brigade Station, Euston Road
LCC Fire Brigade Station, Euston Road, Somers Town, London, London Borough of Camden, England, UK
Percy Nobbs is credited with the design of this London County Council Fire Brigade Station. The building was completed in 1902 and by 1903 Nobbs was teaching architecture at the University of Montreal. He went on to have a distinguished career as the architect of a number of prominent Canadian buildings. Apparently, his original building was altered and extended around 1920 and again later in the C20.
The building is L-shaped with the main frontage along the Euston Road. It comprised appliance bays with flats above. The Arts and Crafts style red brick building is dressed with Portland stone. The taller original block contained two appliance garages which apparently are used today for administrative purposes. The one-storey extension is now home to the appliances.

Euston War Memorial {On the front face:}  In memory of our glorious dead.  {On a stone panel on the left facade and also on the right:}  Remember the men and women of the London Midland and Scottish Railway.  1939 - 1945.  {On a marble panel on the front facade:}  In grateful memory of 3719 men of the London and North Western Railway company who for their country, justice and freedom served and died in the Great War. 1914 - 1919.  This monument was raised by their comrades and the company as a lasting memorial to their devotion.

Euston War Memorial
{On the front face:}
In memory of our glorious dead.
{On a stone panel on the left facade and also on the right:}
Remember the men and women of the London Midland and Scottish Railway.
1939 – 1945.
{On a marble panel on the front facade:}
In grateful memory of 3719 men of the London and North Western Railway company who for their country, justice and freedom served and died in the Great War. 1914 – 1919.
This monument was raised by their comrades and the company as a lasting memorial to their devotion.

BT Tower

BT Tower

Tower of the destroyed Church of St Augustine

Tower of the destroyed Church of St Augustine

City Reflections

City Reflections

Madame Tussaud's

Madame Tussaud’s

Marble Arch Marble Arch is a 19th-century white marble faced triumphal arch and London landmark. The structure was designed by John Nash in 1827 to be the state entrance to the cour d'honneur of Buckingham Palace. In 1851 it was relocated and following the widening of Park Lane in the early 1960s is now sited, isolated and incongruously, on a large traffic island at the junction of Oxford Street, Park Lane, and Edgware Road.

Marble Arch
Marble Arch is a 19th-century white marble faced triumphal arch and London landmark. The structure was designed by John Nash in 1827 to be the state entrance to the cour d’honneur of Buckingham Palace.
In 1851 it was relocated and following the widening of Park Lane in the early 1960s is now sited, isolated and incongruously, on a large traffic island at the junction of Oxford Street, Park Lane, and Edgware Road.

Achilles
Built as a tribute to Arthrur Wellesley, the Duke of Wellington by “the Women of England”. Created in 1822 it reads:
To Arthur, Duke of Wellington,
and his brave companions in arms
this statue of Achilles
cast from cannons won at the victories
of Salmanaca, Vittoria, Toulouse and Waterloo
is inscribed by their countrymen
It was the very first statue of a naked man on public display in London. Originally anatomically correct, the fig leaf was added later to save blushes although it has been chipped off twice – in 1870 and 1961.

Royal Artillery Memorial The Royal Artillery Memorial is a stone memorial at Hyde Park Corner in London, dedicated to casualties in the Royal Regiment of Artillery in the First World War.

Royal Artillery Memorial
The Royal Artillery Memorial is a stone memorial at Hyde Park Corner in London, dedicated to casualties in the Royal Regiment of Artillery in the First World War.

Wellington Arch
Wellington Arch, also known as Constitution Arch or the Green Park Arch, is a triumphal arch located to the south of Hyde Park in central London and at the western corner of Green Park.
Built nearby between 1826 and 1830 to a design by Decimus Burton, it was moved to its present position in 1882–83. It once supported an equestrian statue of the 1st Duke of Wellington; the original intention of having it topped with sculpture of a “quadriga” or ancient four-horse chariot was not realised until 1912.

No. 1 Buckingham Palace Road, St James's

No. 1 Buckingham Palace Road, St James’s

Pillar, 12 Buckingham Gate, St James's

Pillar, 12 Buckingham Gate, St James’s

Portals, Birdcage Walk, St James's

Portals, Birdcage Walk, St James’s

Cnr of Buckingham Gate & Buckingham Palace Road, St James's

Cnr of Buckingham Gate & Buckingham Palace Road, St James’s

Street Lamp, Birdcage Walk, St James's

Street Lamp, Birdcage Walk, St James’s

Historial de la Grande Guerre, Château de Péronne, Péronne, France


The Museum of the Great War (French: Historial de la Grande Guerre) located near the heart of the World War I Somme battlefields, is housed within the Château de Péronne, a castle in the town of Péronne, France. The museum looks mostly at the Great War, and the years just before and just after. It strives to place war in a social context, stressing “the common suffering of the combatants” and “the civilians, who were equally mobilised by the war effort”.

Historial de la Grande Guerre, Château de Péronne, Place Andrï

Historial de la Grande Guerre, Château de Péronne, Place Andrï

Historial de la Grande Guerre, Château de Péronne, Place Andrï

Historial de la Grande Guerre, Château de Péronne, Place Andrï

Historial de la Grande Guerre, Château de Péronne, Place Andrï

Historial de la Grande Guerre, Château de Péronne, Place Andrï

Historial de la Grande Guerre, Château de Péronne, Place Andrï

River Somme, Péronne, France

Péronne, France

Beaumont-Hamel Newfoundland Memorial, Beaumont-Hamel, France


The Beaumont-Hamel Newfoundland Memorial is a memorial site in France dedicated to the commemoration of Dominion of Newfoundland forces members who were killed during World War I. The 74-acre (300,000 m2) preserved battlefield park encompasses the grounds over which the Newfoundland Regiment made their unsuccessful attack on 1 July 1916 during the first day of the Battle of the Somme.

The Battle of the Somme was the regiment’s first major engagement, and during an assault that lasted approximately 30 minutes the regiment was all but wiped out.

Beaumont-Hamel Newfoundland Memorial, Rue de l'église, Beaumont

Beaumont-Hamel Newfoundland Memorial, Rue de l'église, Beaumont

Beaumont-Hamel Newfoundland Memorial, Rue de l'église, Beaumont

Beaumont-Hamel Newfoundland Memorial, Rue de l'église, Beaumont

Beaumont-Hamel Newfoundland Memorial, Rue de l'église, Beaumont

Beaumont-Hamel Newfoundland Memorial, Rue de l'église, Beaumont

Beaumont-Hamel Newfoundland Memorial, Rue de l'église, Beaumont

Beaumont-Hamel Newfoundland Memorial, Rue de l'église, Beaumont

Beaumont-Hamel Newfoundland Memorial, Rue de l'église, Beaumont

Beaumont-Hamel Newfoundland Memorial, Rue de l'église, Beaumont

Beaumont-Hamel Newfoundland Memorial, Rue de l'église, Beaumont

The Lochnager Crater, La Boiselle, Somme, France


The Lochnagar mine was an explosive-packed mine created by the Royal Engineer tunnelling companies, located south of the village of La Boisselle in the Somme département of France, which was detonated at 7:28 am on 1 July 1916, the first day of the Battle of the Somme.

Lochnager Crater Memorial, La Boisselle, Somme, France

Lochnager Crater Memorial, La Boisselle, Somme, France

Lochnager Crater Memorial, La Boisselle, Somme, France